2 cups/480ml Soy or Oat Cream
1 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste
1/2 cup Cornflour
1/2 cup/120ml Non Dairy Milk
5 tbs Icing Sugar
Blood Orange Dressing
5 Blood Oranges, peeled & cut into segments
Juice of 5 Blood Oranges
6 tbs Caster Sugar
1 Star Anise
1 pack of La Boulangère Vegan Pains Au Chocolat
3 tbs Brown Sugar, for sprinkling
1 jar Orange Marmalade
- First prepare the blood orange syrup. Add the orange segments, juice & sugar to a saucepan, then place it over a low heat. Allow the liquid to reduce by half until it is a syrup like consistency, this should take 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spread a thin layer of marmalade on each pain au chocolat.
- Lay one layer of pain au chocolate into the bottom of a medium sized baking dish.
- Once the syrup is ready, set it aside & pre heat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Meanwhile make the custard, add the cream & vanilla to a saucepan, then heat over a low heat.
- Whisk together the cornflour with the non-dairy milk.
- When the cream is hot, pour in the almond/cornflour mixture. Whisk the mix constantly for 3-4 minutes or until its thick & creamy.
- Pour the majority of the custard over the first layer of pain au chocolat, followed by some of the orange syrup.
- Lay the rest of the pain au chocolat on top then fill in any of the gap
- Sprinkle over the brown sugar then place the pudding into the oven for 35 minutes.s with custard & syrup.
- Once baked, leave the pudding stand for 15 minutes before serving with some vegan cream.