2 Tins Young Jackfruit in Water/Brine
1 tsp Smoked Paprika
1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
1 tsp Ground Cumin
1 tsp Ground Fennel
1 tsp Caster Sugar
1 tsp Dried Sage
1 cup Tomato Ketchup
3 tsp English Mustard
1 tbs Balsamic Vinegar
1 tbs Soy Sauce
3 tbs Unrefined Caster Sugar
Sprinkle Smoked Chilli Flakes
100g Red Cabbage, shredded fine
1 Carrots, peeled & grated
1 Red Onion, finely sliced
Handful of Coriander, chopped fine
1 tbs White Wine Vinegar
Pinch Sea Salt & Pepper
5-6 La Boulangère Vegan Plain Brioche Rolls (or La Boulangère Vegan Croisssants)
Roasted Cashew Nuts
- To a small sauce pan add all the bbq sauce ingredients & whisk together. Place the pan over a low heat and let it bubble away for 15 minutes.
- Drain the Jackfruit & place it into a clean kitchen towel. Squeeze the water out of the jackfruit by ringing the towel.
- Add the jackfruit to a mixing bowl followed by the herbs and spices. Give it a really good mix so that each piece is coated.
- Next pre-heat a large nonstick frying pan over a medium heat. Add a little oil followed by the seasoned jackfruit.
- Sauté the mix for 4-5 minutes, adding some colour & letting the sugar caramelised nicely.
- To the jackfruit add the BBQ sauce, give it a good mix then reduce the heat. Allow it to cook for 8-10 minutes over a low heat. Stirring often.
- Pre heat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line a baking tray with grease proof paper.
- Meanwhile, mix together the slaw ingredients in a little bowl. Place the La Boulangère vegan plain brioche rolls (or La Boulangère vegan croissants) onto the lined baking tray, then into the oven for 6-8 minutes.
- Once baked, place the bbq jackfruit inside your La Boulangère vegan plain brioche rolls (or La Boulangère vegan croissants) topped with rainbow slaw & toasted cashews.
Be first to get a copy of our exclusive PDF of La Boulangère Vegan recipes prepared by Gaz.
Sign up now